Sunday, February 17, 2008

Baked Lemon Chicken


I got this recipe from my friend Anica's food blog. It was very easy--you can make it with ingredients on hand. It was also very tasty. She got the recipe from the Taste of Home cookbook, page 166. The second time I made it, I decreased the salt by half (I used 1/4 tsp. salt) because I thought it was a little too salty the first time.

3 T butter, melted
2 T lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz each)

In a shallow dish, combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs in another dish. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with crumbs. Place in a greased 13 in x 9 x 2 baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.

No comments: