Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chocolate-Covered Raisin Clusters

I'm starting to get together a list of new recipes I want to try for the holidays. I'll update this with my opinion of the recipe after I try it. This recipe was in the Fayetteville newspaper, but I have changed the directions. I usually just mix clusters of raisins with melted milk chocolate, but I wanted to see if the following combination would taste better. I would probably at least quadruple the recipe.

3 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
2 TBS. dark corn syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup raisins, dark or golden

Line baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper.

Melt chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments (stir each time) until chocolate is melted. Microwave for less if using only 3 ounces of chocolate.

Combine corn syrup and vanilla with melted chocolate and whisk until smooth.

Stir raisins into chocolate, making sure they are well covered. Use a teaspoon to scoop clusters of raisins out of the chocolate and place on baking sheet. Place baking sheet in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to set.

To store, transfer clusters to an airtight container and refrigerate up to 2 weeks. Makes about 30 clusters.

No comments: