Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Perfect Sandwich Maker Egg


A couple of years ago, my mother gave me a sandwich maker for Christmas. I'm excited to have new ideas to use it for. This recipe is quick and healthy, which makes it perfect for school mornings. I got the recipe at everydayfoodstorage.blogspot.com, a wonderful website. She shows you how to use food storage ingredients in regular recipes.

1. Preheat the sandwich maker.

2. Spray the bottom of the sandwich maker (the eggs don't actually touch the top so if you spray the tops now, it burns off before you flip the machine and the egg ends up sticking to the top).

3. Crack eggs and salt/pepper. You can break the yolk and mix it with the white if you like it better that way.

4. Close lid and cook for 2 minutes.

5. Open and spray top.

6. Close lid and quickly flip entire sandwich maker over.

7. Cook for 1 minute and 45 seconds for what I call a "perfect egg" (runny yolk, but absolutely no runny whites) or cook about 45-60 seconds more for a firm yolk.

Note from Jen: My eggs had a firm yoke at 1 minute and 45 seconds, so you probably need to experiment with your sandwich maker.

No comments: