Saturday, August 30, 2008

Banana Boats


I think this is a snack my mother created. I made it just the other day as an after-school treat. We used soy butter instead of peanut butter because of A's allergy. The kids loved it!

To make the banana boat, I cut a banana in half (but I usually use a whole one) and scooped out some of the middle. I filled it with peanut (soy) butter. I actually put some in a baggy and cut off one of the corners and squirted it into the banana that way. I put chocolate chips on top of the peanut butter. The kids loved it!

Any other good ideas for after-school snacks? Post a comment if you have one!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Does soy butter taste good? My son is also allergic to peanuts, but I have never tried any other type of butter. They look so good, I think I will try them with my boys.

Jen said...

Soy butter tastes alright; my mother made peanut butter cookies with it, and I thought they tasted excellent. I used it in peanut butter pie. I thought it was good, but it didn't have the same depth of taste peanut butter has. But it is a new option for us, and I feel A is old enough now to understand soy butter looks like peanut butter but doesn't have peanuts in it. You should try some!