Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bean and Cheese Burritos

This is a recipe from my childhood. My mother used to fry these burritos, and we would dip them in a mixture of ketchup and Texas Pete hot sauce. I've started making them again because it is a very budget-friendly meal.

I can make about 8 burritos with one small can of fat-free refried beans and 1 to 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese. Instead of frying them, I spray both sides of the burrito with nonstick cooking spray and cook them on a skillet until they are golden brown on each side (see the picture). The kids are crazy about them, and our family of 5 eats all 8 burritos in one meal!

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Ah, the memories! We used to eat these on Saturday nights because they were quick. Michael loved them because he had something to dip in ketchup.

Karissa Kay said...

Brady was just talking about those the other day! How funny that you posted this. He will be so excited and I'm sure we'll be having them for dinner soon! Looks good!